Following recent updates from the government regarding the current global pandemic we’ve taken the very difficult decision to postpone all July events, this comes after we have already postponed events from April, May and June.
Where possible we are attempting to reschedule events into 2020, but this is not going to be possible for all events and to give maximum flexibility all entrants will have the option to:
- Transfer to the new date in 2020
- Transfer to the same event in 2021
- Transfer to any other events we organise in 2020 or 2021
We will release further info in due course regarding how to select the options above but in summary there will be a default option to take either 1 or 2 and after that an opportunity to request number 3 – please be patient with us as we confirm the dates to allow us to transfer everyone to their preferred event.
We have been working very hard to reschedule the events and there is an update below on our progress with this, please bear in mind that most dates are provisional due to many of the venues, stakeholders and suppliers being away from their normal place of work or attending to more important issues during the current crisis but we will continue to work to finalise these as soon as is practical in these difficult circumstances n.b. all entrants to postponed events will also receive an email explaining these dates and options.
- Ulverston Triathlon 5th April 2020 postponed until 4th April 2021 (provisional date)
- Clitheroe Triathlon 12th April 2020 postponed until 18th April 2021 (provisional date)
- Lakeland Loop Cycle Sportive 19th April 2020 (initially postponed to 5th July 2020) now further postponed until 11th April 2021 (date confirmed)
- West Lancs Spring Triathlon 19th April 2020 postponed until West Lancs Summer Triathlon 30th Aug 2020 (Spring and Summer events will take place on the same date in Aug 2020)
- Splashworld Triathlon 26th April 2020 postponed until 25th April 2021 (provisional date)
- Horwich Triathlon 3rd May 2020 postponed until 23rd August 2020 (provisional date)
- Howgills Trail 13&26 10th May 2020 postponed until 11th October 2020 (date confirmed)
- Southport Triathlon 17th May 2020 postponed until 2nd August 2020 (provisional date) n.b. ETU Qualification status is retained
- Epicman Windermere Triathlon 31st May 2020 postponed until 20th September 2020 (date confirmed)
- Epic Lakes Swim Ullswater 14th June 2020 postponed until 13th September 2020 (date confirmed)
- Southport Half Marathon & 10k 28th June 2020 postponed until 27th June 2021 (date confirmed)
- Epic Lakes Swim Derwent Water 5th July 2020 postponed until 4th July 2021 (provisional date)
Please consider that each potential date has been analysed in detail and the 2020 dates in particular are extremely difficult to fit in around other events in our calendar, the availability of the venues, the suppliers, contractors and the areas affected by the routes therefore it will not be possible to amend these rescheduled 2020 dates in particular and some may have to be transferred to 2021 at a later date as the current situation develops further.
We are unable to issue refunds due to expenses which have already been committed to for each event but we will ensure that you are able to participate in an event of your choice in 2020 or 2021.
We understand these are difficult times for everyone and we very much appreciate your support at this time.
Regards and stay safe