Click here to enter the event the Eden Valley Epic 2021
2020 postponed due to Covid – please check your emails/junk folders for details if you have already entered.
The Eden Valley Epic Cycle Sportive is a classic on the North West sportive calendar. Starting from Penrith Cricket Club, the route is just short of 60 miles through the stunning Eden Valley. It’s undulating, it’s beautiful, but it’s not as severe as many Lake District routes. One thing you’ll notice is the distinct lack of cars, which makes it perfect cycling country. There’s a food stop in Appleby, which is well stocked and will help you refuel for the final miles, which include a sting in the tail. It’s one of our most popular events and a great opener for the season, so make sure you’re on the start line!
Penrith Cricket Club
Date and Time:
2021 date TBC, 08:00am
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 16 years of age or over on the day of the event.
How much to enter?
The Eden Valley Epic will cost £25. Entries will close either at 12 noon on the Friday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry fee is:
- Free Parking by Start/Finish Area
- Free hot food at Finish Area
- Well stocked feed stations on the route
- Mechanical and medical support
- Electronic Timing
- Free event photos
- Bespoke 2020 finishers medal
Where can I find out more about the course and the event?
To read more about the event and what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ by CLICKING HERE
How do I enter?
Click here to enter the event the Eden Valley Epic
Click here to see who’s already entered the Eden Valley Epic
What’s the course?
To view the route card (released 2 weeks prior to the event) GO HERE
To view the route map GO HERE