The Lakeland Loop Cycle Sportive is a challenging ride which starts from the New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel in Great Langdale. The Loop is approximately 69 miles long, taking in some of the finest views of the Lake District and some its most challenging climbs. The route includes Whinlatter Pass, Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass and if you’re hoping that the rest is flat, then you’re going to be disappointed. It’s one of the oldest events in the North West and remains a classic. If you’re thinking of the Fred Whitton, then this will give you a taste and will serve as an ideal training ride! Make sure you have the right gears and join us for a day of climbing hills!
New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel
Date and Time:
Sunday 14th April 2019 – starts from 08:00am
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 16 years of age or over on the day of the event.
How much to enter?
Entry will cost £25 and will close either at 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry fee is:
- Free Parking at Start/Finish Area
- Well stocked feed stations on the route
- Mechanical and medical support
- Electronic Timing
- Free event photos
- Bespoke finishers medal
Where can I find out more about the course and the event?
To read more about the event and what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ by GOING HERE
What’s the course?
To view the route card GO HERE
To view the route map GO HERE