How do I enter?
Southport Sprint and Standard Distance Triathlon attracts triathletes of all abilities, from complete novices to elite competitors. Based at Waterside Lodge a modern, purpose built two-storey Activity Centre on Southport Marine Lake, it has become one of the biggest events in the North West, reaching maximum capacity every year. The Sprint Distance event is 750m swim / 20k cycle / 5k run, the Standard Distance is 1500m swim / 40k cycle / 10k run. The cycle course takes place on closed roads and the run course is based around the Marine Lake on tarmac paths.
In 2019 Southport Triathlon will host:
1. Triathlon England National Standard Distance Championships
2. ETU Standard Distance Triathlon European Championship Qualifier (for ETU Championships taking place in 2020 – draft illegal)
3. BUCS Standard Distance Triathlon Championships
Sunday 19th May 2019What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 15 years of age for sprint or 17 years of age for standard distance in the event year. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide written parental consent at registration on the day of the event.
How much to enter:
The cost to enter Southport Triathlon sprint/standard is £49/£59. You are required to be a member of the British Triathlon Federation / Triathlon England for insurance purposes. If you are not already a member, you can buy a ‘day license’ for an additional £5 at the time on entry. Entries will close either at 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry is:
Southport Triathlon finishers medal
Southport Triathlon finishers T-shirt
Event photographs free to download from our Facebook page
Where can I find out more about the course and the event?
To read more about the event and what to expect on the day, read the event ‘guidance notes’ by SouthportTriathlonEventNotes